10 Festive Reasons
If you have already attended the Kal Classic, then you’ll find a few more reasons to return to the 8th annual Festival. If you haven’t had the chance to do the ‘Kal Classic’, here are 10 fresh reasons to join us this year. Pick n’ choose!
- Kalamalka Lake – Enjoy a weekend of padding and play on one of Canada’s most scenic lakes. Find out what Malka actually means….
- Kalamalka Crossing – The 10 mile scenic trek across the length of the lake.
- Prizes and Prize Money – Tons of prizes from sponsors for all events and prize money for the King and Queen of Kalamalka.
- Eats and Treats-Kick back after the day’s events and some tasty food, music and good times.
- Meet new paddlers – It’s a great chance to connect the ever growing community of paddlers where you’ll meet folk from across Canada and the US.
- Kid Friendly – There are a variety of events on Saturday just for kids including the Keiki Holo Kids race.
- Get educated! The Society for the Protection of Kalamalka Lake and Okanagan and Similkameen Invasive Species Society will be on-site to help educate us about the threats to our lake and other waterways.
- (New!) Red Paddle Dragon SUP Showdown – Saturday afternoon is all about fun. A 4-Person Team event that will get everyone on and off their feet.
- Enjoy the sights and sounds of Vernon – There’s lots to do in the region including a variety of family-friendly places. Visit Original Joe’s Restaurant and Martens Brew Pub and check out Davison’s Orchard, Planet Bee, Silver Star Mtb Park, Sparking Hill, Predator Ridge Golf and even Oyama Zipline.
- Demo Zone – Try out new boards and paddles from Starboard, Twin Fish and more