1. Wear a Canadian Coast Guard Approved PFD equipped with a Whistle or Attach a PFD to the board with a Whistle.
2. Wear a Leash. You not be able to compete without a leash attached to your body and board. (No refunds will be provided to any athletes choosing NOT to wear a leash) Let’s be safe out there.
3. Due to safety concerns, animals or children are not allowed on the board with any person. This places unnecessary strain on our safety measures.
4. We will have boat support with communication to event site and staff
5. All registered paddlers 14 and Under years of age must have a capable parent paddling with them across the lake. * We reserve the right to refuse registrations and the final decision will be made by the Race Director.
*** IMPORTANT INFO *** Read Carefully
Food on Saturday (@ The Rail Trail Cafe’)
We have simplified how we serve dinner and will be offering a low-key Mexican Taco Dinner. This will include your choice of Beef, Chicken or Been Tacos with Chips, Water and a Sweet Treat.
There is limited seating capacity at the Cafe’ so we are limiting total food to approx 90 people. Extra dinners will be made available to those who have pre-registered before opening up more dinners to new registrations.
Shuttle to Oyama:
For those who are here to do their first Kalamalka Crossing, this will help you get familiarized with logistics for the Crossing. We can help shuttle TO Oyama. We won’t have an Oyama-to-Vernon shuttle.
1. If you require a shuttle for your board – Please drop off at Kalavida between 6:00-7:30am. Do it early to guarantee you get it on time.
2. If you require a shuttle for your board and body – Please drop off at Kalavida between 6:00-7:30am. Do it early to guarantee you get there on time.
3. Parking – There is NO BEACH Parking in the Kalavida/Kal Lake Store Parking Lot. Please park at Kalamalka Lake Beach Parking Lot (off Husband Road)
Parking in Oyama:
We are not permitted to park in the main lot for the Oyama General Store. Please arrive early and find alternate parking.
We will have two extra Porto-Poopies this year (yeah, whew). Located right next to the Oyama Store.
|2017 KALAMALKA CLASSIC – TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
|Friday, September 1 – SPKL Spirit Paddle
|12:00pm-7:30pm||Registration / Check-in / High Fives & Handshakes||At Kalavida|
|5:00pm||Spirit Paddle (Open to all human-powered watercraft). Hosted by the Society for the Protection of Kalamalka Lake
Gather at 5pm
|Free by Donation to SPKL|
|Saturday, September 2 – 8th Annual Kalamalka Classic
|6:30-7:30am||On-Site Registration & Check in no later than 7:30am.
The official Start of this year’s Festival will be on Wood Lake Beach before the start of the Kal Crossing.
|At Wood Lake Beach in Oyama (across from the Oyama Store)|
|8:00am||Kalamalka Crossing 8||See below|
|1:00pm||Kieki Holo Kids Race|
|2:00pm||** Canadian Dragon SUP Showdown **||Team of 4, 2 Divisions|
|5:00pm||Saturday Night Live at Kalamalka Beach.|
|Tentative Schedule for the Kalamalka Crossing|
|6:30am-||Snacks and Coffees available at The Rail Trail Cafe’
||Rail Trail Cafe’
|6:30-7:30am||On-Site Registration / Check In – No later than 7:30am||At Wood Lake Beach in Oyama
|8:00am||Pre-Race Meeting & Opening Celebration at Start line in Oyama (Wood Lake Beach) *All athletes must attend*||Mandatory for all paddlers|
|8:15am||Start for all 12’ & Under Surfboard style, Junior & Prone|
|9:00am||Start for Open Classes 12’6 & 14’ Women@9:00am/Men @9:15am|
|9:30am||Start for King & Queen (Competitive)
Women @9:30am/Men @9:40am
|1:00pm||Keiki Holo Kids Race (Free for all kids 13 & Under)||On Kal Beach|
|2:00pm||Canadian Red Dragon SUP Showdown – Teams of 4, Two Divisions||On Kal Beach|
|Need a Lift to Oyama for the Crossing?|
|6:00-7:45am||Shuttle Service from shop available between 6:00-7:45am
||No need to register, just show up.|
|Last shuttle leaves at 7:45am|