1. Wear a Canadian Coast Guard Approved PFD equipped with a Whistle or Attach a PFD to the board with a Whistle.
2. Wear a Leash. You not be able to compete without a leash attached to your body and board. (No refunds will be provided to any athletes choosing NOT to wear a leash) Let’s be safe out there.
3. Due to safety concerns, animals or children are not allowed on the board with any person. This places unnecessary strain on our safety measures.
4. We will have boat support with communication to event site and staff
5. All paddlers 14 and Under must have a capable parent paddling with them across the lake. * We reserve the right to refuse registrations and the final decision will be made by the Race Director.
|2017 KALAMALKA CLASSIC – TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
|Friday, September 1 – SPKL Spirit Paddle
|10:00am-8:00pm||Registration / Check-in / High Fives & Handshakes at Kalavida||At Kalavida|
|5:00pm||Spirit Paddle (Open to all human-powered watercraft). Hosted by the Society for the Protection of Kalamalka Lake||Free by Donation to SPKL|
|Saturday, September 2 – 8th Annual Kalamalka Classic
|6:30-7:30am||On-Site Registration & Check in no later than 7:30am.
The official Start of this year’s Festival will be on Wood Lake Beach before the start of the Kal Crossing.
|At Wood Lake Beach in Oyama (across from the Oyama Store)|
|8:00am||Kalamalka Crossing 8||See below|
|1:00pm||Kieki Holo Kids Race|
|2:00pm||** Canadian Dragon SUP Showdown **||Team of 4, 2 Divisions|
|5:00pm||Saturday Night Live at Kalamalka Beach.|
|Tentative Schedule for the Kalamalka Crossing|
|6:30am-||Food and Coffees available at The Rail Trail Cafe’
||Rail Trail Cafe’
|6:30-8:00am||On-Site Registration / Check In – No later than 8:00am||At Wood Lake Beach in Oyama
|8:00am||Pre-Race Meeting & Opening Celebrtation at Start line in Oyama (Wood Lake Beach) *All athletes must attend*||Mandatory for all|
|8:15am||Start for all 12’ & Under Surfboard style, Junior & Prone|
|9:00am||Start for Open Classes 12’6 & 14’ Women@9:00am/Men @9:15am|
|9:30am||Start for King & Queen (Competitive)
Women @9:30am/Men @9:40am
|1:00pm||Keiki Holo Kids Race (Free for all kids 13 & Under)||On Kal Beach|
|2:00pm||Canadian Red Dragon SUP Showdown – Teams of 4, Two Divisions||On Kal Beach|
|Need a Lift to Oyama for the Crossing?|
|6:00-8:00am||Shuttle Service from shop available between 6:00-7:30am
||Call ahead to register 778-475-5808|
|Last shuttle leaves at 7:45am|